As experts on medical technology management, we assess biomedical equipment –specifications, functionalities, components and installation requirements– to allow its use in COVID-19 emergency facilities such as ICUs, temporary hospitals, and hotels.
Under the lead of the Catalan Emergency Services and the Catalan Health Services, we are developing the following tasks as part of the COVID-19 emergency response action in Catalonia:
- design of equipment plans for new COVID-19 intensive care units
- commissioning of medical equipment
- review of technical specifications
- assessment of equipment functionalities
- identification of installation requirements
- support on decision-making processes for medical equipment
The project is conducted in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of experts including health professionals, health emergency teams, logistics engineers, and biomedical technicians and engineers.